Monday, August 06, 2012

One for 2012...

Well, I was looking at my blog, and realized I better put one in for 2012. Especially since I had only one entry in the whole of 2011! Writing is a muse I miss a lot. Only when you write, you have the total freedom of creating your own world. When you are authoring, you are god-like! The creatures and personalities you ink are at your whim and fancy. You can make your writing sombre, or fun. It's like you have Potter's wand, and all you need to do is wave. Voila, pictures in your mind becomes words right in front of you. 

I was watching the badminton finals. Lee Chong Wei v Lin Dan. They were trading shot for shot in the last set that it all came down to two of the greatest players, and one being luckier. Good match. Not so good outcome. Well, it is still a major achievement, and the way Chong Wei handled himself is exemplary. A big step for a little nation.

I also watched Usain bolting to his second gold at 9.63 seconds. A new Olympic Record. How he does it so effortlessly is amazing. 

The Olympics is a big part of 2012, so I though I'd share a bit. Meanwhile, we're still waiting for an election. I am not sure if it's worth mentioning, but we actually don't have a Prime Minister - Elect right now. He kinda inherited the seat. So it will be really interesting to watch the General Election unfold. 

Billions are being given away. Policies and laws are amended. As the rulers ship their shop to order, getting reading to ride the waves of the public votes. I wonder if it will work? Or will it all be for naught? Well, the Election may well be next year, so best to enjoy the current views. 

That's it. Made an entry for the year. Maybe, I'll write more. I really should. It is depressingly therapeutic.

2 comments:

L. Halim said...

Hi Zed..

It's good to know someone still blogs. Please keep writing :)

aman said...

one of the more eye-opening findings was that achieving peace of mind
was seven times more important to respondents that accumulating wealth .