Monday, February 06, 2006

Peek-a-boo!

Just got back from a 40 minutes run. 5 minutes warm-up with a 30 minutes interval-jog and a 5 minutes warm-down. An interval-jog is when you alternate between jogging and a brisk walk. A 2 minutes jog, and a minute brisk walk in between and so forth. As the week progress, then you will want to increase the duration of the jog, and the rest period in between too.

An ideal point would be a 5 minutes jog alternated with 2 minutes of brisk walk over a 40 minutes workout period, which would bring the entire workout to about 50 minutes with the warm ups and downs included. All in all, a good hour. To make it really work, you’ll need three of these sessions in a week. Then watch the waist disappear, and the scales tipping with a smile. Track progress for 12 weeks, and you can thank me later.

10 minutes later, here I am hooked on the web like a junkie with his favorite shot.

Browsed a couple of blogs, and checked out the comments on mine (Zed’s Note: I will reply soon ladies and gents…). I have been reviewed by the self-proclaimed blog critic and he scored me well. It is a novel idea, and one that would catch up well I am sure. He basically reviews blogs, but only the one that is requested by the blog owner themselves. So if you don’t like what he has to say, then “You asked for it!” Now he also has a couple of apprentice and I am sure business is just booming over there. The following is a complete copy of the review he made on M.i.N.d.B.l.o.G. I found his site when I was browsing on Ah Pek’s site. Hello Ah Pek, long time no see.

M.I.N.D.B.L.O.G.
There's a Lat cartoon on the top of this blog. I love Lat so this puts me in a good mood immediately. I scrolled all the way to the bottom and found a Calvin and Hobbes strip - another favourite of mine. I like this blog already!

Zed's profile is pretty long but refreshingly honest. As he puts it: "Some (posts) probably makes sense and others may be trash - such is a blog." Well said.It's a basic Blogspot template but for some reason the layout is wider than usual. I had to scroll to read the column on the right. Perhaps it's the cartoon that threw the layout out of whack?

Zed is not a daily blogger but when he does blog, it's something worthwhile. I like reading the posts, they're well written and insightful, and the English is flawless.

Nice use of pictures and he credits the source which is pretty ethical of him. I only have problems with the width of the page.

My rating: 8/10

Well, we have all the New Years out of the way. Gregorian, Chinese, and Islamic. In case you don’t know the Awal Muharram holidays celebrates the Islamic New Year, and Muharram is the first month on the Islamic Calendar.

So no more excuses. Gotta get up and going.

I admit that I am in a bit of cheeky mood, and am feeling that I shall be up to no good anytime soon! So here I am biting by tongue, and am trying my best to stay away from my phone, alas I might be tempted to dial or text a few of my buddies and we’ll end up with a very late night on a Monday. Such a no-no, what with this fresh feeling of celebrating New Years and all. So I am doomed to watch more frivolous tee-vee. Oh I did buy a new book today. It’s called Jarheads, and it’s a chronicle from one of the Marines deployed during Desert Storm. The other book I just finished was Every Man A Tiger, one by Tom Clancy in collaboration with an Air Force General, also during the same war. So since, I have had a bird’s eye view of the war, I am inclined to find out what the grunts have to say.

Am keeping myself busy minding my own business (Zed’s Note: I have always wanted to say that! LOL), and am feeling like singing. Anyone for karaoke?

Cheers.