Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Christmas and New Year Tag-along

Well, we are now very close to closing this chapter of our diaries, blogs, and whatever else we use to keep our thoughts in. It is perhaps a good time to reflect after all.

Incidentally I was tagged by Sheryl, which she got from Helen, who got it from Zara’s Mama who in turn got it from Maria a.k.a. Twinsmum and apparently the original tag was in Chinese characters which either came from Mingming or Wong Teck Jung and at this point I lost the trail due to my lack of linguistic capacity when suddenly everything became a myriad of characters I wish I could read but couldn’t.

Anyway, to make a very long story short here is the tag.

Person I want my Santa to be:


The gift that I wish to get:

The RM 120,000,000.00 eCourt Project that keeps going back-and-forth like a very long boring rally in badminton! Just give it to me already. I’ll get it up and running in no time, and people would then be whizzing through the courts like it was a cashier counter at Carrefour!

So, now that we’ve got the tag done, lets move on to the next topic.

I was out last night with some friends and we started talking about blogging. Lo and behold! To my pleasant surprise, there were three active bloggers around the table, and as there were like eleven of us, most of the rest were either already commenting on blogs or are planning to start one. Well, well, well interesting as it may be, I also realized something about blogs.

While the personality we present in our daily life may project a certain image, over on a blog we are sometimes a completely different person. It may not really be who we are, or sometimes it is a reflection of our true self emerging in an atmosphere that suggests some form of placid tranquility.

Yes on a blog we are not unlike Superman faster then a speeding bullet, stronger then a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings with a single bound! We are able to impose upon others what we think and feel, when in real life this may be suppressed by the fact that we have a nanosecond to come out with something smart to say, or end up being left out in the corner of the table nursing our drinks watching the hoopla of conversations going on like an F1 race. Yes, here in blogosphere, some of us are Superman.

Able to say much more, at our own pace at our own terms and this got me thinking about me.
Who am I in real life, as compared to this Zed fellow writing all these nuances about himself? I usually try not to write about others, simply because I don’t like it. I am not much of a gossip-monger, and people often do take offence when you write stuff about them, even if you meant well, or even if you meant it as a joke. I also realized that this anonymity we carry on our blogs is a false sense of security as someday, someone will figure out who you are, and about what you have said about them. No I cherish my fragile peace of mind a wee bit too much to bring about the notion that I am holier then thou.

In our blogs we are amongst equals. I know not who you are, and nor do you I.

On a final note.

I may have perhaps in my entries and comments made a conjecture that doesn’t sit well with you. As I hop the blogs, leaving multitude of comments here and there, perhaps I may have inadvertently piss you off. For that, and in the spirit of the days to come, and the beginning of a brand new year - I beg you for your forgiveness. I have much to lose when I lose a friend, and much more to gain when I gain your friendship virtual or real it matters not.

So from one blogger to another I bid you a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and a heck of a 2006!

Oh by the way, here is who I really want for Christmas!