Saturday, September 03, 2005

Doing the Heritage Row

Decided to let off some steam, its Friday and it was also one of my colleague’s birthday. A Kiwi in KL helping me out with my bid, so decided to be the host for the night. He had an SPG tagging along, and this kinda spoiled it for me, but more on that later.

Mojo

Heard a lot about the joint, and never had a chance to drop by. It was fairly late when we arrived, and I haven’t eaten the whole day. Had a quick snack, and decided to play a couple rounds of pool. There’s a guy named Mark that hangs around the pool table, and he seems to be a regular. Even got the DJ welcoming him. Rule is winner stays, and I thought he would be much better.

The crowd was quite good, and I can understand why a group of friends would like to hang at the join. Close enough to other spots if need be, and is not too crowded so conversation is possible. By midnight, headed off to Savanth.

Savanth

Home sweet home. Have not been to Savanth for ages, but used to be here almost every week. Have always like Savanth, as it has the same consistent ambience and is really a place to get a few friends together and have a good night out. No surprises with good music to complement.

The regulars are a pretty good crowd, and doesn’t have the “stuck-up I’m so cool, look at me” factor, so prominent in Zeta and sometimes even Zouk. A good mix of young and old, and tonight the ladies was out in good force. Met a couple of friends, and had a good time catching up. Was not getting a buzz, and Birthday Boy was itching to move on to Loft.

Loft

I loathe Loft, always did.

But, Mr. Gwailo enjoys the place, and likes dancing on the podium. Yikes! Had to keep my distance all night, and had a date with the pillar by the bar. I think her name is “Kayu Jati” or something. Kept a rather low profile, but as most of my buds share my sentiment about Loft, didn’t really meet anyone that gave me a good reason to hang around long.

Took off quite early as still have much to do to finish my bid, so bade my farewells and decided to end the night with some “Sup Ekor” at the end of the street, as any decent boy should if they are over at the Heritage Row.

7 comments:

kepala_angin said...

Hi Zed. Kayu Jati is cool eh. She must have done good, gave you the support and her strong silent type kinda companionship. ;-)

thank you for your comment of my space.

have a good weekend.

Zed said...

Hi K.A.

Had a really good time with Kayu Jati =) first date that agreed with me completely all the time, but still I failed to get her to come home with me *schucks*!

heh heh

You have a great weekend too ya...

Cheers.

ku E said...

hey Zed,
finally i've finished reading everything!
sometimes i do missed nite life in kl. wld u b my guide if i lost there someday? cuz i know now & then r so much different!

Zed said...

that would be my pleasure ku e :-) and I am also Ipoh Mali... heh heh

Cheers.

ku E said...

damn U!! hehe...

kuE

Anonymous said...

In Pulp Fiction "Zed might be Dead" .. but in the real world Zed is definately abuzz. There is always something new, slightly quirky, with thoughts never far from appreciation of finer things.

While tastes may vary (yes, this Gwailo definately likes everything about Loft), class will always remain. Champagne, Peter Pan, and of course, lasting friendships.

Final thought, but is Zed always honest with himself?? Perhaps this blog is the purging of the mind and soul for Zed Ezekial..

Zed said...

mr gwailo,

ROTFL! Well folks, in case you're wondering Mr. Gwailo is a very good buddy of Zed and he's a Kiwi whom enjoys Peterpan and everything KL (except for the fact that Peterpan really is Indonesian). I think Mr. Gwailo isn't really a blog-friendly name, so we shall have to find a more suitable name for ya' buddy!

And yes, this blog is where Zed finds relief from the real world, which he sometimes find too taxing on his hypocritical ass!