Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Road Not Taken

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

Robert Frost (1874–1963). Mountain Interval. 1920

Am zombified since the last entry. Slept at 3pm Monday, and woke up at 9am Tuesday for a meeting at 10am. After a whole day of meetings, I had a fender bender at 5pm. I realized one thing though. I need an anger management course. Seriously.

I feel like huddling back into my little hole in the wall, and just sit tight. I do think I am a hazard to society as a whole. I came out of my car, and blew my top over really just a minor dent. Still, would cost me 200 bucks to fix, but the way I handled the situation - is embarrassing.

Maybe I was tired, perhaps it was the stress, or just the fact that I was rushing. However, there is no excuse for my behaviour. This incident really reminds me of Becker Channel 70. To just make things worst I left my power cable in the office, so there I was in Starbucks, KLCC all geared up with a laptop that has no juice.

Today, I was at the Jalan Bandar Police Station. Folks, did you know that all traffic incident must be reported at this Station only? I did.

Here are some directions
Take the road to Puduraya Bus Station, heading towards Dayabumi, turn into Jalan H.S. Lee. This is the second left after Jalan Sultan, and Puduraya Bus Station is on your right. Be sure not to miss the turn, so drive slow, and keep an eye out for the junction. Once on H.S. Lee go straight to the end. The Station is on your right.

I shall definitely continue my story on what happened that fateful evening with the lady in white. I need some time to frame my mind. On other fronts, I submitted my bid on Monday, and had a few screw ups which could have been executed better, but I have to admit. As upset as I am, fact is - no one is perfect, me especially.

I am sorry to the person that ran into my car.
I am sorry to my team for blowing my top, and thank them for still being there.
I am sorry that you guys are actually reading this, but I thank you too.

As Frost so eloquently put, I choose the path less traveled by many, and in my own way, am paying the price for it. As the roads diverge daily for you and I, we choose and hope that we made the right choice. The end of the journey is not for me to tell. I know what I want, I know not what shall be.

Cheers.

6 comments:

Angel Eyes said...

zed,
what a coincidence! i was @ starbucks klcc on sunday evening also.. i like to go there for a cup of coffee..

did someone bang into ur car or something here?

*bit blurrr today.. im sorry*

Pojan said...

i wish you a great week ahead.
as for anger management issue, guess stress got to you. Hey, everybody has his/her off day.

Anyway, right now, i'm super pissed off at my incompetent staffs. Arghhh.. mmg rasa nak *piak* je. But due to my aversion to confrontations and conflicts, i refrain myself from screaming at them. hish.

an0nymous-ign0ranus said...

o boy ... a flare up after a minor accident is definitely a blight on your day. someone crashed into my car early this year. i cursed the fella real good before getting off the car. he was surprised to see me smiling away.

only later, when he refused to pay for the damages did he get a veiled threat to pay up or else ..

anyway, keyword here is to smile.

Zed said...

hi angel,

no wonder starbucks was that much brighter! got angel? yup starbucks klcc is one of my regular haunts.

hi pojan,

thanks! you have a great week too ya! am trying to count to ten before i say anything when i am mad nowadays, but just takes too long heh heh.

hi babe,

hmmm... curse before and smile later? now that seems to make sense. heh heh, but i might end up cursing all da time. ok, better work on the smile then.

cheers!

ku E said...

hey zed,
i love starbucks too but there's none here even ipoh. penang too far. so end up wz coffee bean lor... lol

Zed said...

hi ku e,

ipoh no starbucks? hmmm... =)