Thursday, September 22, 2005

The lull before the storm.

Weeks even days before. We all know when it’s going to happen.

Like birds that flies away and herds of beast that roams absent sensing danger ahead, such is life. We all have the ability to sense danger well before it strikes.

This is a gift, one that we seldom know we possess.

We often can tell that a storm is arriving. Have you noticed that usually after a life altering experience like an accident, a heart attack or perhaps even the triumph of achieving something that you have longed for, you realize that deep inside - you knew?

Yes, you knew that something really bad (or sometimes good) is about to happen. This is the gift that everyone has - but you have to listen. You look out for the signs and you know deep in you that everything is about to change. Things will no longer be the same. We often like to call this ability our instinct – our sixth sense.

Is it really a sixth sense? No. I am sorry to disappoint, but there is no such sense. We learn to sense, much like we learn how not to touch a hot kettle, over time our experience tells us exactly what we need to know – albeit subconsciously but it is always there. We convert this subliminal messages into what we call instinct.

Why do I say this? Well I get paid for using my “instinct”. My gut feel. I don’t crunch numbers, I don’t fix equipments, nor do I teach others – I am paid to provide my “opinions” validated only by my “gut”. Pretty cool? I beg to differ. I would like to think that I am like a weatherman. Not a fortune-teller, but a weatherman. Whom unfortunately is not always right.

I forecast. Do I guess? No. I learn to read the signs. I understand human faces and I understand human voices – not what is seen nor heard, but what is in between. Because of this I know that the respite I enjoy is transient not unlike the lull before a storm. I sense the gale brewing. Thunder rumbles in the distance, and I know the inevitable is exactly what it is - inevitable.

Alone I shall face it, and alone I shall bear the consequence. Now the question is, what the heck am I doing here?

(Zed's Note: Just felt like rambling today, but I guess that is what a blog is all about sometimes. Hmmm...)

9 comments:

kepala_angin said...

"..what the heck am I doing here?.." --> may be the weatherman needed new challenges?

madnessinvain said...

Ramblings? Sometimes? MiV <-- everyday pyscho. Hahahahahha.

Chill out dude.

an0nymous-ign0ranus said...

you read human voices and faces? you moonlight as fengshui master also ka? can you tell my fortune (or misfortunes)?

Inn said...

sometimes i love knowing through sensing... but there are times, knowing hurts like hell. Learning to let go and not interfering is tough sometimes.

opps! looks like the rambling's contagious. ignore me. hehe

Fiza said...

there was this ep on discovery channel a couple of months back.

it touched on the human sixth sense. they theorised that the body, or specifically the subconscience reads sudden influx or changes in the world around us so that when that paticular event recurs, the body remembers and proceed to stimulate a reaction. thus, sixth sense.

err.. anybody get that? b'coz i sure don't. =)

Angel Eyes said...

=)

Jo said...

Ramble on my friend!

"If blogging be the food of love, Ramble ON!" - Synco Shakespeare

MDR said...

hi..thanx 4 droppin' by the other day.. cool blog u got here.. nice piccies! n are u some sorta seismeologist? hehe... :-D

Zed said...

hi silent,

hmmm... maybe i am anticipating a wee bit too much eh! thanks =)

hi windy head,

well am kinda drowned with existing challenges heh heh... maybe need some focus.

hi MIV,

we should start a club! psychotic bloggers... ermmm kinda cool name.

hey babe,

fengshui! now why didn't i think of that... could earn some extra bucks =)

hi inn,

"Learning to let go and not interfering is tough sometimes"

~I can't agree with you more!

hi 9,

i think i kinda get it? well its like reflex motions i guess. just subconscious...

hi angel,

nice smile =)

hi Jo,

yup! i enjoy the Syncho Shakespeare sonnets lots too =)

hi marina

seismologist are in hot seat nowadays heh heh... earth moving too much! nope =)

totoro,

heh heh i am kinda stuck in gear dude!

cheers y'all...