Monday, September 26, 2005

The Myth?

A bit of romance, a bit of strained loyalty, and lots of fighting action – a formula that have not waned in style nor fame. No, I am not giving up my day job to be a film critique.

However what did I do on my birthday? I watched a Jackie Chan movie. Why? Because I have always wanted to go watch a movie on a working week day at KLCC. So, I took my Friday off and nonchalantly stood in queue and smiled at every passing fellow that I knew. Yup, in my own little way it was retribution to the rat race. That was what I wanted for my birthday and that was exactly what I got.

Then I sipped coffee over at Chinoz just watching time pass by (and not to mention a few chicks really worth watching) in my bermuda’s and tee.

I did have a good laugh though as friends and associates was wondering what I was up to and everyone kinda stopped by asking if everything was all right. It bugs me that most asked really not out of concern but out of curiosity! Did I lose my job? Did something bad happened? It does worry me that we too often take sympathy in others just to make ourselves feel better!

Doing nothing for a day was fun and this may be what I want from life. But can one actually do nothing for a living? Just have nothingness as a goal and as a job? Remember, be careful what you wish for because you might just get it!

In most of my entries I may have been diving off the deep end a bit too much so I have decided to lighten the atmosphere here somewhat. Here’s a story I find quite funny! In case you're wondering it's about the tradition of toasting "Gan Bei!" much like "Yam Seng!" or "Cheers!". During a wedding the couple is expected to go to every table and "bottom's up" with all the guest, a tradition that have taken a good following here in KL too, much to the delight of yours truly.

Once upon a time in China, there was a wedding dinner. The dinner occupies only half the restaurant. The other half was occupied by some American tourists. As the wedding couple hop from table to table to toast the guests, the cheers of 'GAN BEI' gets louder and louder.

One Gwailo gets more and more irritated as the couple keeps getting closer to him.

'GAN BEI.........GAN.........BEI.........!!!' the cheers continued.

Finally, the irritated Gwailo couldn't take it anymore. He stood up on his chair and shouted, "IF YOU CAN'T PAY, IT'S OK! THEN LET ME PAY FOR U!"


(Zed’s Note: The joke was taken off the net, with some modifications and Jo, you really are to be blamed for this! You got me hunting for the material… LOL! Oh by the way in case you are wondering, go ahead and watch The Myth, it’s not great but it’s no waste of time either.)

Cheers.

17 comments:

an0nymous-ign0ranus said...

woohoo ... happy bird-day brader.

and yes, you can aim for nothingness as a job / goal, provided it pays well.

Zed said...

heh heh and that is why i am stickin to ma' day job totoro =) thanks!

::

thanks babe! hmmm... i wonder if maybe getting a sugar mummy would be considered work??? i'd better go to the datin diaries site and check if see there is any opening! tee hee hee *scrambling away*

Jo said...

I wonder if I should take the risk on your one-liner review of the show. Hmm.. I just might... much like yourself, alone :)

So when you coming up north for a "gan Bei" session?

L. Halim said...

hehe.. interesting
thanks for dropping by ;)

kepala_angin said...

happy belated birthday. another notch to remind you how young you are. ;-)

may the future be rosy and sweet smelling.

D.N.A.S said...

Zed,
Happy Nth birthday (substitute N with
your actual age please....). Kalau I jadik sugar mummy I nak my anak ikan tolong drive me gi shopping and then angkatkan shopping bags I je, and nothing else. Okay tak? Agak2 ramai tak orang nak apply jadik my 'anak ikan'? hahahahahah. Sambil drive keta and angkat shopping bag tu he has to listen to me membebel le.

D.N.A.S said...

Zed,
Happy Nth birthday (substitute N with
your actual age please....). Kalau I jadik sugar mummy I nak my anak ikan tolong drive me gi shopping and then angkatkan shopping bags I je, and nothing else. Okay tak? Agak2 ramai tak orang nak apply jadik my 'anak ikan'? hahahahahah. Sambil drive keta and angkat shopping bag tu he has to listen to me membebel le.

Angel Eyes said...

Happy burpday dude! ;)

So what did u get for ur b'day anyway? Prezzies? =)

Well, am gonna watch that movie.. sounds interesting to me too!

Chinoz, sipping coffee? Eheemm.. that sounds more like me neway!

Angel Eyes said...

Happy burpday dude! ;)

So what did u get for ur b'day anyway? Prezzies? =)

Well, am gonna watch that movie.. sounds interesting to me too!

Chinoz, sipping coffee? Eheemm.. that sounds more like me neway!

Pojan said...

happy belated birthday!

Saw the making of The Myth yesterday. It was good enough to make me want to watch it.

madnessinvain said...

Lets venture for this sugar mummy business. Seems that we are winning in either sides. What is there to loose. Heheheheheheh.

Happy Belated B'day Bro.

Inn said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Hope u'll enjoy what u choose to be :)

ku E said...

Zed, juz wanna wish u a happy belated bday. mwahhh...

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday zed!

gus said...

There you go, telling everyone it's your birthday and all. Of course they'll shower you with b'day wishes. Here's a pail from me. And some eggs and some flour. Now you're all set to have a bang. Come to think of it, you really did have a great day all to yourself. Glad you enjoyed it. I couldn't have done better myself.

Congratulations for survivin' another year on earth. Your birthday wish would have to be ...world peace? I guess...

Chill...

Zed said...

hi Jo,

you shall be the first person i call on my trip to the "pearl" since i need some company when i go to the "bed" *tsk tsk* ok guys don't get any funny ideas... the "bed" is a cool joint up in the pulau heh heh.

hi butterflyn,

you're welcomed. i enjoyed your site, and also the butterfly icon flyin around...

hi windy head,

yup... too many notches as a reminder, not to mention a couple of stripes and aching bones too! *gasp*

hi dee,

he he this anak ikan will be happy to carry bags, open doors and pretend to listen to all the "bebel" so where do i sign up ma'am? LOL

hi sheryl,

thanks angel! got a 9300 for my burpday! am vewy appy playin with ma' toy...

but i may have to take word verification off from the blog though. it doesn't appear when i log in thru WAP, so i can't respond to comments on da fly.

hi pojan,

thou shalt not be dissapointed =)

it's an okay movie, and with enough scene for both boys and girls... yup yup yup Jackie C in a semi *ehem ehem* pose! for a fifty plus fella he is fit! now gotta add one more goal to my growing list... six packs before christmas?

yo MIV,

lets setup a JV and call it Syarikat Anak Ikan MIV, Zed dan Rakan-rakan hee hee we can get testeddna to be our Quality Controller! ROTFL... where's Muddy? maybe he is interested, I heard he can sing! so maybe can charge a premium maa! okay this is getting nuts! MIV your psycho syndrom is contagious man!

Zed said...

hi inn,

Thanks! am still shopping around, trying to figure out what i wanna be when i grow up =) *yikes!*

hi ku E,

Thanks and mmuaahhss back at ya girl! (you are not helping my chickaholism you know tee hee hee)

hi teek,

Thanks! I missed “storm” and the A1’s too, but the way I see it, I’ll just go into my backyard bang my tong sampah together and shout Vroom! Vroom! He he…


Hi Agus,

Thanks for the eggs and flour bro!
Hmmm… where is that maid? Bibik! Oooo bibik! He he he.

My birthday wish?
To be able to stop asking and start giving…