Wednesday, September 14, 2005

iv. The edge of reason is maddening.

Brown Eyes is attractive. There is no doubting that. I feel like the whole club is looking at us, and at me with envy. I brushed her hands slightly as I put her drink down. She gave me a sly smile.
Things are going well.

This is when it is most difficult. So many options and choices to make. Is it as simple as getting her number, and putting the trophy on my mantle or is it acting in good conscious knowing that what goes around comes around?

We chatted as if we were good friends whom have not met each other for the longest time – and yet we just met not an hour ago. She laughs at my not so funny stories, and tells me about how much she enjoys her recent vacation. If only women knew that all a man has is his pride, and nothing makes him feel better then a smile - the world would be a better place.

Brown Eyes is getting to me. I can feel it. I told her that I am into blogging nowadays, and how I enjoyed the freedom it has given me. She said she don't write well and is too fragile to take the criticisms that comes with others reading her journals, but she likes to read though. I find her honesty refreshing, and I took her bait like a starving piranha, and started to tell her all about the joys of writing.

Then I realized that I have been doing too much of the talking. She is a good listener, her eyes never left mine. So I decided to turn the spotlight on her.

She works for a fashion house during the day, and sings after hours. Whoops! Alarm bells went off in my head. Sings after hours? Karaoke perhaps? All this went through my head like a bullet train on steroids. I know of the fashion house she spoke about, and do admire their work. It is one of the few local brands that have made it international. This should be the case, we are a creative lot, but often lack the confidence to trust our instincts. I didn’t expect the second part though. She doesn’t look like she needs to moonlight at all. I try not to judge others, for fear of being judged myself, but really sometimes it is impossible not to.

I am very curious, but decided to keep my cool. So I asked her if it's her day off from performing or, does she have to go to work later?

She said "Zed, I hope you don't tell anyone this, but..."

I was at the edge of my seat, and I hope that she couldn’t see me gripping my chair, it may still have my impression in it!

17 comments:

Muddy said...

brown eyes sounds hot hot hot. huhuhu...

an0nymous-ign0ranus said...

i am going to stop coming to this blog!!! sungguh potong stim! you should write for one of those woman's magazine ... with that irritating to be continued at the bottom of the page.

very choi one!

Zed said...

hi muddy,

i think she is =) but then again, one man's honey? another's poison...

babe,

my apologies? well, the final installment is next. promise!!!

p/s

maybe I am reading too much of that women’s magazine, gotta change subscription…

ku E said...

zed i guess so lor...

an0nymous-ign0ranus said...

since you apologised so candidly, i am without much choice but to return to your blog and pant for your next posting.

madnessinvain said...

Ahaaaa, nice blog u have here bro. Spectacular description. Entail us more!

Leilanie said...

Hi Zed,
You sure know how to keep BrownEyes glued to you ....... (like you do to people with your blog).
:)
I'll be back (again) for V.

Pojan said...

hahaha.. aiyohh..
NEXT installment PLS!
it feels like reading a novel lah.

Anonymous said...

Zed, this blog is a fine piece of art, like your golf swing(unfortunately not a science yet); very flowery n fancy. I like brown eyes, i think u & i we can't conquer the world together, 'cos we have the same taste for challenges. By the way, Bukit Pelangi is good, the greens are not that tough to handle, just that putting is never your strong department! hehehe

Zed said...

hi ku e,

it's like that one loh... =)

hi babe,

hmmm... sorry can't get this panting image outta my head! notty notty LOL!

hi MIV,

thanks! glad you dropped by, been to your site many a times... everytime i bring dictionary one you knooowww heh heh, liked your "meme" lots, hang in there mate, the time will come when you reflect on all that happened and be thankful for each and every event - good or bad. hope all is well with da biz!

cheers!

Zed said...

hi leilanie,

you make me shy laaa... hi hi, THANKS! 6th sense you say? hmmm. btw jolie, zeta jones and liz hurley will all make it nicely in my books (ok, ok, enuff now getting all these women swimming in head! =)

hi pojan,

i wonder what one would call a blog novelette... a "blovette" perhaps? heh heh

cheers!

Zed said...

yo anon...

heh heh heh, my putting u say? i kid you not my friend, i shall be putting back and forth until i get it right this time!

as for conquering the world? i am doing it with my screw driver, and test pen in tow -- one wacko at a time!

dear traveler,

only 3 person knew i whacked my driver and broke it off he he... i wonder wonder wonder which one is u????? ok to the rest of ya' i am not proud to admit this, but was vewy vewy upset in one of my game, took my driver wacked it on my bag and broke the shaft. there i said it... now the whole world knows! see i told u i need anger management class ROTFL!

thanks for dropping by and for the kinds words bro, you are a real bud!

cheers.

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!!! Rumours are that you not single. Is this true Zed? Is it? Just wanted to clarify - need more context to these entries Mr. Smooth. Oh so so smooth. Can nothing stick on you? Fuyoooo! If you are, it makes it more interesting of course. Sure. Right.

shell said...

Please don't tell me this entry is also about a talking cat. :P

Thanks for dropping by in my blog.

Prost to you too..!

Zed said...

hi totoro,

i wonder if she is still singing eh??? karaoke up north? hmmm...

hi traveler,

ooohhhhh!!! say so laaaa... that shaft? why you so interested ya? you scaring me lah bro!

Zed said...

Dear Anonymous,

1. you sound like one of my ex!
2. Zed, single?

you gotta be kidding! he is a lion on a blog! of coz he is not single... on the prroowwllll, alwiz.

thanks for the compliment though. Sure. Right.

Zed said...

yo papa bear!

what?!!

hi shell,

okay, it is not a cat. dog? heh heh thanks for dropping a note. hope its nice up in deutschland, "achtung baby" is all the german i can handle.

cheers.