Friday, September 16, 2005

Zed's rehabilitation is in progress

Captain's Log:
Friday, 16th September 2005 somewhere around the midst of the cyber-city after being chased by a little red kancil, who thinks that she is the only person late for work.
_______________________________________________________________________

I am happy to report some progress based on my first therapy session. It was grueling, and long as usually is the case when it's the first time (so how was your first time? LOL). I actually decided to go to bed before midnight yesterday! However, the thoughts of all these bloggers out there happily bloggin' away did bug me for a while before I finally managed to lull into my slumber.

(Zed’s Note: MIV, I managed to get the forms because apparently my friend knows someone, who knows this person whom married someone 23 years older then her - who is a big shot somewhere, and they got me the forms!)

However, as part of the program, I was given an assignment. I had to write the top ten things I like about blogging that keeps me doing it. It’s part of a self awakening process apparently. So I did it. Here’s my list.

  1. I meet new people
  2. I don’t have to wear pants to meet them
  3. I get some “escapism” time from the real world
  4. Interesting stories are abound
  5. I get to be “kepochi” and nose around
  6. I get to stand on a soapbox, and get my points across (like totoro said!)
  7. I look like I am working (for hours!), hence scoring brownie points
  8. I am in control
    (Zed's Note: I have the attention span of a gnat, and the speed of a bee that stung itself *silly bee!* – so I move at my own pace)
  9. I don’t have to look like I am interested, only if I am then usually we drop notes, right?
  10. I have the freedom of expression, without being tied down by the bias of stereotyping

Tomorrow we may have to do the top ten things we don’t like about blogging. Hmmm… I wonder if these things have got cheat codes?

Anyway, I was late today because I was interviewing a candidate for this post we have here, and I have to admit – I was impressed. It is very seldom you find a local candidate that would be all rounded, and yet not pound his chest like he is King Kong and has just uprooted Eiffel Tower.

This is a common problem.

Good individuals are lacking humility, and the humble ones - are actually swallowing their pride and compromises on principles. To strike a balance is a challenge, perhaps I found the right man for the job (so please do not send in applications folks, job is taken – I hope?). This afternoon would not be fun. We have a board meeting on a Friday afternoon, which wise ass actually thought of that? I have to present, so am going to pretend to look aloof, and cry wolf. It always gets attention and sometimes even a promotion!

(Zed’s Note: Okay am on rambling mode now, so better check out before sustaining more damage!)

A tip on how to look smarter then you are

Look at the person straight in the eye throughout the conversation, never interrupt, and about 3 topics later in your own words repeat exactly what his/her point of view was. You will come out of it looking like you cared, and since you share the same point of view, have you met anyone calling themselves stupid lately?

Obviously not, so the fella will think “Hmmm, what a bright person this Zed is, not only does he care, but he actually says some pretty smart things. Maybe I should listen to him a bit more!”

Okay folks, it was really nice chatting but it’s a weekend ahead and it’s Friday so remember – no drinking and driving, and have a great sunny weekend.

Cheers.

11 comments:

kepala_angin said...

one on one session with you must be darn interesting and confusing.

Jo said...

ooo.. one on one... sounds kinky!
*gasp*

ku E said...

my legs will b giggling and wiggling down there rotfl hahaha...

kuE

OrenZ said...

nice tip on how to look smarter, been practising that but somehow, there r people who r not smart but trying so hard to look smart.. hehhe, pity them coz so far, few of them has yet to really manage to convince me.. haha, one of them is my superior..

an0nymous-ign0ranus said...

you mean, you do not wear pants when you answer my comments and when you visit my belog???? I LIKE I LIKE!!!! can i sit on your lap?

on a serious note, got anymore vacancy on your side or not?

madnessinvain said...

Ok, please PDF me the forms. On not wearing anything while blogging, I must say, its a freedom of all things errr.. hangging? Keh keh keh.

Zed said...

phew!

just finished my meeting. we huffed, and we puffed and we brought the house down!!! so now, all we gotta do is pick up the pieces for the next meeting!

ROTFLMAO

hi windy head,

hmmm... one on one with zed will be many things! what with him being a lion and all. LOL

hi jo,

kinky? yummy! *gasp*

Zed said...

hi ku e,

is that your leg? yikes!

hi orenz,

dat is the problem of actually being smart! so that is why i just pretend heh heh... so no one actually knows if i know what i am talking about.

yo traveler,

terrorizing? perhaps... into submission sometimes =)just so i can get my way he he

hi babe,

shucks, got my pants on now! vacancy we usually have, but depends on what you do... or my brothers traveler and feichai would be very pleased to jump in. bro's? babe in distress - u know what to do.

traveler! please put your pants back up... that is NOT what i meant! haiyaaa... good help is SO hard to get nowadays ROTFL.

hi MIV,

heh heh pdf coming your way, soon as they let me out of this sanitarium!

feichai,

wah-la-wei, why you so like dat? he he i did it out of luurrve my brother... and what's up with this journey to 40? i thot we agreed to stick to 20'ies for the foreseeable future?

ku E said...

whey kawan, if its petite size thats me lol. i c u meeting here meeting there, board meeting here and there, wonder whether u know V too *gulp*. kl is so small mehh...

Zed said...

hi ku e,

i'd like to think that kl is small, but since i have decided to be a hermit and just blog my time away, it's beginning to feel a bit bigger now heh heh. V? hmmm...

ku E said...

V is one of the well-known guys in kl/msia?!! he also plays golf. thats why we seldom meet in kl. those times can lor... hehe...