Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Lockless Door

IT went many years,
But at last came a knock,
And I thought of the door
With no lock to lock.

I blew out the light,
I tip-toed the floor,
And raised both hands
In prayer to the door.

But the knock came again
My window was wide;
I climbed on the sill
And descended outside.

Back over the sill
I bade a “Come in”
To whoever the knock
At the door may have been.

So at a knock
I emptied my cage
To hide in the world
And alter with age.

Robert Frost (1874–1963) From A Miscellany of American Poetry New York, 1920

I feel warm and fuzzy inside. And as I wonder why, I realized. I realized where this warmth is emanating from.

From you! Yes. You!

Thank you for the well wishes, and especially the thoughts. For a moment, perhaps even for a fraction of a second I occupied your thought, and you wished a complete stranger well. For that I thank you. Although I wish that there is more I can give besides a mere thank you, and the time will come someday. My life's wish is for the time when I can stop asking and then one can start giving.

One reason why I like poetry (Zed’s Note: besides trying to sound cool and intelligent... LOL!!) is the fact that every time you read it, it brings new meaning, and everyone has their own interpretation of the same verse. Like this one from Robert Frost, which talks about how he sees the burden of life and his acceptance of it. It all is metaphorical to a door, yet deep within it unlocks the wish of every being.

To not be afraid.

In retrospect bloggers really are poets in their own way, as words fill a page often with the woes of life, and passage of emotions yet always there is that sense of relief that a burden has been transferred from the heart and mind to a page on a website (much like the poets of old, except that they were stuck with pen and paper!)

Well as this old lion gracefully moves on with his life, let him be and let him see – for the words of yore was true before and shall endure as we are mortals and fear drives us forward just as much as it drives us back.

Zed’s Mindless Fact #1:
Did you know that if every human was accounted for since we started documenting history it is estimated that there would be 90 Billion people born into this world – each unique and individual! And there is about 6 Billion people on earth right now.

5 comments:

Angel Eyes said...

Don't be afraid.. jz do it zed!

cheerio
sheryL

Jo said...

Yep.... poetry gives me some sort of avenue to blurt my thoughts in a creative metaphoric manner. Especially on days where you just cant talk to someone about a particular angst and need to get it out of your system.

madnessinvain said...

Rock steady.

ZR said...

well zed, too late. i am afraid. afraid of you, in fact.

*gulp!*

Zed said...

hi sheryL,

it was not being afraid that got me into "hot soup" couple of times he he... so now trying to throttle down a bit and proceeding with some caution =)

hi Jo,

yup! my good friend now is called mindblog heh heh, she listens to everything i say, doesn't criticize nor judge and sometimes friends drop by to say hi =)

yo MIV,

rock hard bro rock hard! heh heh heh

hi zorra,

why o' why? tee hee hee