Sunday, September 04, 2005

i. Interesting or Interested?

I noticed she was looking.

Maybe touching her hair a little bit? She turned to face my direction, and we exchanged glances. If it wasn't someone interesting, well I wouldn't be interested - a case of adrenalin just came down the hatch.

I wait for the inevitable smile, one that says "come... talk to me and I will tell you my name and if I like you, maybe we could talk and I could then decide whether or not I should give you my number" It feels like eternity. The guys at my table noticed her too, I wonder what they are thinking in their head. At least everyone agrees she's hot.

Now who is she with?

The first elimination point. The minute I saw her, my instincts kicked in and I looked around. Ahh... Three friends. Why do hot babes, travel with two dingle-berries? Have you noticed this? There is always only one really hot babe in a group of three chicks. My MCP logic says that two hot women can't be together as they are territorial, and "colder" ones *ehem* won't mind the good looking guys anyway, because the hot chick always ends up with the ugly jerk!

(Zed's Note: if you don't know what MCP is - you're my friennndddd! ROTFL)

Good looking guys, go for volume as after a while - a lay is a lay, and who cares about hay, when you can have them any day! (it rhymes! Yea!)

So I had to find an angle. Can’t just go up to her with a line – only works if you are 6’ 3” pretending to be drunk, and has puppy eyes.

I waited.

This is actually the fun part. She’s shopping, and you are hunting. Both are not sure. Is he the best I can do tonight? She wonders. I usually don’t care. Considering the market nowadays, a chat is better then none. Besides, the more effort you put into it, the more likely you will fail. You really can’t force chemistry – if it is meant to be, it will be.

If you wait for more then the first drink, you have totally lost your opportunity. In her mind she is thinking “Didn’t I show interest in him? What the hell is he waiting for? A red carpet? Men… always looking for the best, but don't have the guts to come up to talk to me - and be a man!”

She is pulling the “I am with my friends and we are funny, look at me routine”. Laughing, smiling and basically trying to be all around cute. Works all the time. Only problem is, usually the wrong guy comes up to her. Always the wrong guy. I had to move. It's been awhile, and everyone is already checking her out. Not unlike an innocent sheep walking right into the lion’s den. A short sleeve body hugging white tee, and blue jeans. Very chic and simple. Always better. If only women knew, it is always natural good looks that gets the men, if you want boys? Well, show some skin.

She orders her drink. I always, always know that if a women turns to you just as she orders her drink, you are in! Yup, it’s just the natural caring instinct they have. It goes like this - “I am ordering a drink, and there is a guy over there that I like, I wonder if he wants a drink too?

And then, she turns her head ever so slightly towards me. Yes!

Well… that's all I have. For now.
The Blog Title is from a good friend,
thanks dear, you know who you are!

8 comments:

Pojan said...

i feel like i'm watching Hitch(the movie). hahahaha
Don't left us hanging la zed.
Continue pls!!!

OrenZ said...

zed, nice one.. i'm always in d same situation too.. and i really hate it if i didnt grab the chance.. go on dude, tell us more! :p

Muddy said...

great blog here man. keep it up. :)

kepala_angin said...

hehehe... is it really only boys that are attracted to lotsa skins? or the man just hide their interest better?

Leilanie said...

Hi Zed,

found you at "comment" while combing through other people's blog.

After reading a large chunk of your entries, I find your blog very candidly written with a smack of intelligence. :)

And yes.... when you add it all up, it does makes sense !

Zed said...

Hi folks,

I am back. Sorry for the 48 hours hiatus. Long story. Will be posting it on the blog.

Hi Silent

Your wish is my command! And yes 10 points to you for guessing MCP.


Hi Pojan,

Will be posting the next entry to Interesting or Interested very soon =)

Hi Orenz,

More definitely coming... to grab or not to grab?

Hi Muddy,

Thanks for dropping by... Will keep on working on it. By the way, you have good insights too.

Hi Kepala Angin,

Hmmm... men are just boys with bigger toys really. You do have a point. Gotta go meditate on that now. Aaummmmmm.....

Hi Leilanie,

Thanks for the kind words and dropping by. Glad it made some sense.

Will now work on getting everyone up to speed. I had a small accident, and was at Jalan Bandar earlier. Shucks... Anyway alls well that ends well.

Cheers.

ku E said...

i dunno whats MCP. hahaha...

Zed said...

hi pillius,

thanks!

hey ku e,

my frriiieeennnddd... LOL

cheers